A Superior Crime and other stories is set to go on Feb 13. at Amazon. Karen Phillips(PhillipsCovers) completed the final version for print and I think it’s terrific.
I’m continuing with the re-edit of Murderous Roots and The Facepainter Murders. I completed No Motive for Murder some time ago. Only one to go after that—The Child on the Terrace.
Painting of Sorrow is back from the editors at Books Go Social with a gold mark of excellence. I have only a few corrections to make so perhaps it will be out in May rather than September.
I noticed discussion recently on some of the author sites I follow about writing programmes, editing and publishing.
Over the last year, I developed the following steps:
- Write in Scrivener.
- Export to Word as a docx file.
- Upload to Vellum.
- Edit chapter by chapter in Autocrit and Grammarly.
- Generate books from Vellum in all the formats available. The print version should be generated separately as it requires a different ISBN. Also, ISBNs for Smashwords differ from those at Kindle. Amazon doesn’t require an ISBN for books published on Kindle.
- Publish at Kindle and Create Space.
- Market. I use the book promoter service at Books Go Social and tweet with askDavid.
That’s about it for a snowy Sunday in the Kawarthas. We’re supposed to get 10cm more today and there’s about that much on the ground. Winter was hiding after all.